We just got back from several days down at Oak Island with the Weavers. We had a great time, but I must say, it's quite a different beach vacation when you have a toddler with you. Gone are the days of sitting at the beach for hours on end with your cooler full of beer and a good book. We've traded those in for lugging gobs and gobs of chairs, towels, toys, snacks, 7 different types of sunscreen, 2 different hats just for Tyler, little swimmers (swim diapers), and a tent. Needless to say my stress level had been multiplied by ten. But we wouldn't have traded our time for anything. Except maybe next year we'll get a tent that's easier to put up.
Do you think this bathing suit makes my tummy look big?
Remember the tongue sticking out phase?
Well, this is the new face-making phase.
Taking a break for a snack
Tyler's Entourage
Nana always looking out for jellyfish
We left the baby at home with Nana for a day and had a golf trip. I must say, my year off since my last golf outing really paid off- I had several decent hits. And a super awesome 30 foot downhill putt.
Michael and Poppa staying in the shade as much as possible
I offered him one of my left handed clubs for this, but that would've been too easy I guess.
Tyler thinks that cleaning is fun. He loves to push around the broom or the swiffer. He goes crazy for the vacuum cleaner. At the beach he found this dust swiffer thingy and when he held it up, he looked just like Marge Simpson. He started getting a bit fussy by the time I finally stopped giggling enough to find my camera.
Guess you had to have been there.
Well, maybe not, Andrew never found it very funny.
What's wrong with this picture?
Hhhmmm... could it be that the baby has the best seat in the house and both TV remotes?
Just like his daddy.
Heading back from the pier
Another day, we took the ferry to Fort Fisher to go to the Aquarium. This is something we used to do every summer growing up, but it was Andrew's first time. We came prepared to feed the seagulls. I think our beachside picnic in our own private gazebo may have been my favorite part of the entire vacation.
Like I said at the beginning, we had such a wonderful time. Already looking forward to next year. In preparation, I will be working out my arms so I can carry more chairs and toys, and working on my patience so I can be better prepared to set up the tent.
Great post! Loved the Marge Simpson hair and the entourage pic! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteCute post, glad y'all had a good time at the beach! Looks like the weather was nice, too... Miss you!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Dude, you're never going to have control of the remotes...never!!
Looks like a fun summer. I too love the Marge Simpson photo- cracked me up. Good luck with the new semester! Miss you
ReplyDelete