Well, another year has gone by just as quick as the last. By far, the best part of this past year was watching Tyler grow and learn- it seems it's something new everyday. He just turned 19 months is running, dancing, talking (about the important things... you know... truck, bus, firetruck, car, doggy) and absolutely loves reading books.
2010 by no means was horrible to us, we have so much to be thankful for, but I do think the Johnsons will be glad to have a fresh start in 2011. 2010 started off rough as many of you I'm sure can remember with a not so stellar UNC Basketball season. We didn't even make the NCAA tournament. But by May, things were looking up- I finished up the Spring semester strong, we celebrated 4 great years of marriage, and had a rockin' First Birthday party for Tyler with lots of friends and family. Over the summer we decided to buy season tickets for the UNC Football games. Andrew and I decided this would be our way to spend extra time together as it's quick to lose touch with each other with work and school and life in general. Great decision, right? Not only would we be spending quality time together, but UNC was supposed to have an excellent season. You Tar Heel fans know how the rest of the story goes. But yes, Andrew and I did still have fun together at the games.
Sadly, in mid-August I had a miscarriage. I was early on in the pregnancy, but it was still a sad situation for the family. We took it in stride and took comfort in the amazing Tyler-head. Me being the ever optimist took it as my sign to share the situation with my friends so in case they found themselves in a similar situation, they would know I would be there for them.
Andrew spent much of October studying for his Series 7 test and when he passed we figured our luck was changing. But then November hit. I was in the thick of a horrible semester and reconsidering why I was going back to school. Then, Tyler suddenly got sick one Friday night and we found ourselves in the hospital with him come Saturday morning. That was scary. It's not a very good feeling to see your baby sick and feel helpless about it. Thankfully it was a short stay and we were discharged with more nebulizer meds and an inhaler. A few weeks later, I had another miscarriage. Again, I was still early on in the pregnancy, but this one hit us even harder than the first. At that point, my optimistic look on things was as low as it's been in a while, but with Andrew as my rock and strength and Tyler freely giving out hugs and more hugs, we pulled through it as a family. What a good thing to take a way from 2010. We got hit with several hard things, back to back it seemed at times, and the three of us pulled together even stronger and made it through. We finished 2010 strong with a wonderful WHITE Christmas, getting to spend part of it in Atlanta and part in Raleigh. We're looking forward to a great 2011. Now we just need those Tar Heels to turn this season around so we don't start 2011 like we did 2010....
Here are some pictures to catch you up since I did such a poor job of posting towards the end of the year.
Despite the cold weather, Tyler still insists on spending lots of time outdoors.
The neighborhood playground has been a frequent hot spot.
Daddy, I'm a big boy you know.
At Tyler's school (aka daycare) for the Halloween Party and Parade.
Tyler was a Fireman.
Well, a somewhat poorman's fireman- we already had a red shirt and jeans, so we threw on his snow boots, and a hat we got for free at Firehouse Subs and TA DA! instant fireman!
There were several other awesome fireman costumes in the parade that had jackets and dalmatians and other gear, but we were still super proud of our little firefighter...
... even when he refused to wear his hat and you couldn't really tell what he was.
Steadfast in his ways like his Daddy, Tyler refused to ride in the stroller during the parade
and insisted on helping his teacher push it
Without the hat again....
much explaining required at all the neighbor's houses as to what exactly his costume was.
Hands off Mommy!
Tyler makes his first appearance at a UNC Football game and tailgating beforehand. There are other pics in a previous posting, but here are some new ones.
This is his Blue Steel look
Whew, that was a close one!
Mommy, how many times do I have to tell you-
sippy cups are for juice for me not for Chardonnay for you!
Andrew calls me Captain Christmas. This year we decided Tyler was Lieutenant Christmas. He loved the Christmas tree and would have this unforgettable look of wonder each time he saw it. He particularly liked the star on top.
New favorite lounging about position
Family Christmas pic.
Goofy Mommy and Daddy. Serious Baby.
I knew this head was handy for something.
Socks for Uncle Michael
Tyler enjoyed opening everyone else's presents too
Poppa taking it all in
Yall sure there aren't anymore presents to open?
White Christmas!
Started late Christmas evening, but it still counts.
Back at the playground- even in the snow
Christmas at Grandmama and Grandaddy's-
Tyler an old pro by this time at opening presents
Marcus, let me help you with this
Stockings are the best in the Weaver household.
Double fisting my two fruit squeezes.
No comments:
Post a Comment