Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Updates

We apologize for the lack of blog postings! I took a break from blogging (and practically everything else in my life) to concentrate on studying for my comps. Good news- I passed! Well, at least I've passed my written ones, will take my oral ones next week. It will be so wonderful to be able to do whatever I want on the weekends and not have to worry about school work. Here's what we've been up to over the past month.

Tyler had a Spring Parade at school. The boys made big colorful ties to wear and the girls made hats with flowers on top to wear. As you can see, Tyler preferred to wear the hat. He's been into hats lately- I think there's a picture further down that shows him wearing his frog hat.

That's my 'girlfriend' Olivia- I'm trying to impress her with my hat.

A few family pics after the big parade


Too cool

After our fiasco at the first birthday party we were invited to (see previous post), we were surprised and delighted to be invited to another one! Here's a few of our selected pictures from that day.

What is this?!?!? An actual picture of Tyler smiling??? I don't believe it.

Everyone else is going to be jealous of my two red balls, you wait and see.

See, I told you.... I knew I would impress Olivia somehow.

Juice boxes!!!

Several weeks later, Tyler, Daddy, and Nana attended the Spring Fling at school. I had to stay at home and study, but they filled me in on all the fun they had when they got home.
Cake Walk with Nana

Pony riding with Daddy

You crazy? Of course I'm enjoying myself, can't you tell?
(this was his constant facial expression despite demanding to ride the ponies several times)

It took quite some coaxing, but Tyler finally decided to get into the bouncy house.
Then of course, he didn't want to leave.

It's been almost 2 weeks since I took my written comps and since then, we've been taking advantage of having some free time and of the nice weather by going to several baseball games.
Here we are at the Durham Bulls game.
Tyler seemed more interested in the interstate behind the stadium rather than the game itself.

After a home run, the bull in the outfield blows smoke from its nose, and its tail wags up and down and its eyes light up bright red. Tyler was frightened by it and spent the rest of the night snuggling with Daddy....
or Mommy.

At the Carolina baseball game a few days later.
Tyler loves his new Nascar shades.

Tyler and Mommy went to Atlanta over "Spring Break" (ha! some break!) so Nana and Poppa could watch Tyler while I got some studying done. We had a fun trip and I was able to do some studying.

Again with that face, but he did enjoy this carousel ride.

Here we tried to re-enact our blog pictures from last spring,
but Tyler head is way more mobile this year and these were the best shots I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

hydroxy cut recall