Here are some thoughts from Tyler's first soccer game this past weekend.
It was awesome. By far, much, much better than I could've imagined. I thought it would just be the kids all gathered around the soccer ball with a couple of break through kicks, but nothing too much more than a mob chasing around a ball. Although a lot of this did happen, there was some resemblance of a game going on, which made it very interesting. Even more interesting, Tyler just happened to be the star of his team - of course! He was by far the most tenacious player out there- both on offense and defense! He scored 4 goals for his team, 2 goals for the other team, and maintained an excellent sense of camaraderie throughout. Well, not much teamwork going on I guess now that I really think back on things. Tyler's coach did have to make him stay behind and play "goalie" for a few plays so someone else could have a chance with the ball.
Tenaciously playing defense
We all had a great time and I think I've caught a glimpse of what my future will be like with 2 boys. Looks like fun. Glad the whole family, plus Grandmama and Grandaddy, got to enjoy the big game.
Directly after the game, Mommy: "Tyler, how many goals did you score?"
Tyler: "20."
5 minutes later, Daddy: "Tyler, how many goals did you score?"
Tyler: "30."
Later that morning at brunch, Nana (on the phone checking out how the big game went): "Tyler, how many goals did you score?"
Tyler: "100."
Sam even had a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment